Erich Kadow Interpretation and Design Ltd

Holme Mills was bought by William Herbert Jordan in 1894 and produced flour until 1972, when W.Jordan (Cereals) Ltd, the present-day company, was formed by his grandsons, Bill and David Jordan. The historic mill features on the packaging of all Jordans’ branded products – their breakfast cereals and granola bars.

Erich, Maytom Associates and Workhaus were commissioned to design, research, develop and implement a new visitor complex, which incorporated the original historic mill along with a newly-created Education Barn, riverside cafe, shop, and gardens on the banks of the River Ivel outside Biggleswade.

Our work included bespoke displays on the history of the family, the mill and business, incorporating audio-visual presentations, interactive touchscreens, mechanical interactives and tactile displays, large format graphics and display lighting. We also created new branding and style guidelines. Now fully restored and renamed ‘Jordans Mill’, the complex opened to the public April 2014.